Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sick and Tired

I am sick, not because Carolina blew it...or because I ate too much turkey. Sophia, my sister, Melissa, and I all got a horrible stomach bug on Saturday and we are still recovering. One sick in one room, me in the other, poor Sophia stuck in the living room with Nana and Pa.Ella driving us all nuts. Rewind...We had decided we were going to come home to see Tripp before he left for Hawaii on Saturday. Melissa had started getting sick about noon. So, we packed everyone up and head out. We were barely on 75/85S and Sophia threw up twice all over the car seat, car floor board, her clothes....everywhere. She was strapped in, but she was reaching for me. Ella instantly started screaming b/c she was mad that Sophia threw up and she wanted to go see Daddy. (She asked if she could sit in the car and wait for me to wipe off Sophia) We had to turn around in the middle of Atlanta (I missed the right turn twice). My car is righteous.So, Sophia was sick maybe 8-10 times and now has the runs from the other direction. Melissa was much sicker than me. Heather, Ella, and Daddy were unphased by the bug...at least so far. I have heard it is going around and it is rapidly spreading.

As far as the sleep part, no one in the house,except maybe Ella, got much sleep. I had a crick in my neck from sitting by the toilet and my sister's cats are always waiting to pounce on the bed. Everytime I started to fall asleep, either Sophia woke up or someone opened a creaky door or a cat jumped on the bed. My poor Mom had to drive us home today and luckily no further incidents. Taking apart and attempting to clean the car seat was fun as well... Sophia was mostly angry b/c we wouldn't give her "MALK" last night and this AM. We stopped at McDonalds around 2 pm and she proceeded to shove down 4 "Nuggies" and suck down a cup of water. She was miserable again when we got home, so I bathed her and put her down around 7 pm. Hopefully,we all feel back to normal tomorrow.

I swear everytime a bug goes through our family my husband is out of town....lucky man..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, the list grows longer. Pa and Heather, didn't make it out unscathed. They both wound up with fevers and aches. Everybody seems to be fully on the mend today though. Insane!