Monday, November 3, 2008

The World According to Ella #7

Tonight the girls and I had to make a milk/OJ/bread run..in the rain. This afternoon, our kitchen cabinets/sink were torn out and there are three VERY loud dryers blasting 24/7.So, I decided we would go to Wendy's before the store. After an uneventful dinner at Wendy's, we headed to the store. Ella had fussed that it was her turn to hold the fairy wand that was left in the car after Halloween (which suited me, b/c Sophia uses it as a weapon). Halfway to the store, I heard banging on the window. Now Sophia had the wand. So, I asked Ella if she shared it with Sophia and she said "yes, momma. We share, remember?". I was so pleased I told her that she really was a great Big Sister now. She said thanks, paused, then said, "I liked Sophia ever since the baby store." I had to smile. I asked where the baby store was. She said," you know- far far away...in that good place." I asked her if we bought Sophia there and she said no. "She was in your belly and she tried to pop out one day. I saw her hand waving, so we got her out."I had to choke down the laughs at that point. I asked if God put her in my belly. She smiled and shook her head. "NO! First we went to the baby store and picked her, then she got in your belly and grew big. Then she popped out!" For some reason, Sophia was laughing and smiling and shaking her head during the whole story-almost like she understood us.

Speaking of which, this nice couple gave us free Jr Frosty coupons in Wendy's tonight. As the older lady bent over to pet Sophia's head, Sophia made a huge, stinky Bubble and laughed in the lady's face. She tried to pretend she didn't hear it and just walked away. (She was a proper lady...unlike me I guess). So classic.

No comments: