Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The World According to Ella #6

Big Daddy and SuperNanny have always let Ella chew a piece of gum occasionally. NOT her mother. Tripp and I argued about it for a long time, but I finally won after she lost her gum in the couch one day. Well, tonight, after she went to "trick or treat" at one of the stations, she looked at what the girl dropped in her bag, then turned around with this horrible look on her face. I asked her what was wrong and she started to tear up. "Momma, that nice lady gave me GUM!" It was crowded and we were trying to chase Sophia around too, so I told her it was okay, not to worry about it. She only took a few steps and started to get upset again. "But, Momma, I told her I wasn't allowed to have gum but she gave it to me anyway!" Bless her heart, she looked so pitiful I told her she could have just one piece because it was Halloween, but that she had to eat it outside. Later, when I was pumping gas I saw her showing Sophia her pieces of candy. I saw her show Sophia the gum and overheard her say "now this is a special piece of gum that I am gonna eat outside because Mommy loves me on Halloween". How can I deny my sweet honest baby girl one tiny piece of gum after that?

No comments: