Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Just an update

Not much new to report. I am on call tonight, but I got to see the girls before bed and read them bedtime books. Ella is so grown up now. She can dress herself, put on most shoes, deal with the TV remote, help with her sister, dry herself off and clean up the bath toys, and best of all, she has finally learned to buckle her carseat all by herself. Sophia is obsessed with the top buckle-in her carseat, her booster seat at the table, other people's carseats, etc. She is talking so much more. She looked at me the other day after she finished her plate (eating with a fork!) and said "I done." "Fork"-then handed it to me. "Pate" then pushed her plate to me. She then says "Peeez. Down Peeez." So precious.Ella is so good with her- she can distract her from bad things, entertain her, help boost her onto the couch when the evil vaccuum comes out, help propel her out of her carseat in the van, always shares her treats with her. Sophia can't handle the baggie snacks yet ( like O's, etc). So , I give Ella the bag and she controls it, hands her some, etc. She is fairly good at sharing, but still sometimes yanks a toy she wants out of Sophia's hands, which leads to a breakdown. Sophia is a DRAMA queen. Ella, at her age, was bad- made me question getting pregnant the second time. Sophia listens when you tell her no, count to 3, etc, but has a freakin breakdown about anything that doesn't go her way. If you take the sippy cup from her, to FILL it up, she loses it. We ignore her, but it isn't working. I guess she will have to grow out of it. She is also very people specific- she loves certain people, and certain people only, right now. She did better at a party last week and was holding on to random people's hands, hugging people's legs, etc. She is just so darn sweet. Her smile melts me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh the nuggets...growing up so fast.